8 THINGS HAPPY PEOPLE DO IN THE MORNING
Have you ever wondered why you come across certain people who appear to be so happy and content?
They are never late, they have an energetic glow about them and they are often really positive and happy!
Well, there are many factors which help contribute towards their attitude and outlook including the way they chose to start their day.
Today I’m listing the 8 things that happy people do first thing in the morning. (Happy people wake up early!)
It has been said that ‘the secret to your future is hidden in your daily routine’ which is why it is so necessary to have some daily regular habits.
1. Positive affirmations – happy people start the day with a positive affirmation. I tend to do this as soon as I wake (this also helps counteract any negative thoughts that may first crop up) – affirmations like ‘Today is going to be a great day’, ‘I believe in myself and my abilities’, or ‘I choose to be happy’, are all great affirmations to start the day with.
2. Be grateful – this one kind of goes in line with positive affirmations, but most happy people express large amounts of gratitude for the life they live. They are grateful for everything big or small. Did you wake up this morning and get out of bed without the aid of a wheelchair? Did you wake up with a roof over your head? Were you able to have breakfast or a hot shower? All these things we often take for granted but happy people recognize everything that they have to be grateful for.
3. Listen to something positive – a personal favorite of mine is listening to something positive in the morning. I often seek out motivational talks or sermons from preachers and spend approx 30minutes listening whilst I’m getting ready. I have found this to be more powerful and uplifting than choosing to watch morning breakfast TV shows, or the dreaded news. In a world where we are bombarded with negativity it is nice to make a choice about what we input into our conscious.
4. Meditate (and/or) pray – Happy people have some sort of spiritual connection. Whether this is the Universe, Jesus, Buddha, and so on… happy people have a connection to something bigger than themselves. Starting the day off with meditation or praying is a great way to have quiet time, reflect and people find it to be relaxing and distressing. Our days can be so jam packed and busy that this can be a brilliant way to make sure we are energized and charged for the day ahead.
5. Exercise – Most high energy people do some type of exercise. Whether this be Yoga, Pilates or just walking – most happy people keep themselves healthy and active. Morning workouts eliminate the possibility of you flaking out on your cardio after a long day at work and also helps wake up your body, prepping you for the day ahead.
6. Have a healthy breakfast – have you ever skipped breakfast then found yourself absolutely starving by the time 10am comes? Making time for a healthy breakfast is absolutely crucial for helping you sustain your energy levels throughout the day. Take time in the morning to fuel your body, that way you don’t need to worry about your growling stomach in your office meetings, nor do you find yourself grabbing some super unhealthy sugary snack when your energy levels spike!
7. Have a plan – I don’t know one successful happy person that doesn’t have a plan for their day. Whether it’s going through your diary for the day, or week ahead – make sure you have a plan. We all get the same amount of hours in the day – so why do some people get so much done, where as others don’t. It’s because they have a plan! Having a to do list, or putting things in the diary helps keep you on track with all the things you need to do and it also saves you a lot of stress. I personally like to start with the most difficult tasks first so I don’t procrastinate. If your terrible at managing your time, plan for even the little things like emptying the bins or putting the washing on you will be surprised at what you can get done!
8. Don’t rush – again this one goes in line with ‘having a plan’. Happy people do not rush. They plan their days so well that there is no need to rush. They wake up with enough time to fit all the above in – so then they feel energized and recharged and are ready to start their day. Happy people don’t frantically run around trying to find their keys, nor do they get frustrated in rush hour traffic. If your time management is terrible you may need to re-evaluate this, but how amazing would it feel to not have to rush around in the morning? Don’t hit the snooze button and make sure you wake up!
There’s quite a few points listed here, and it does take time to adapt your current routine. Happy people make the most out of life which is why they wake up early and follow the above rituals. If you want to make the most out of your life, why not give some of these ago! It takes determination and commitment to change your daily routine but I can assure you that you will feel more happier and positive!